List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Help needed on Qt-XML
From:       Prakash Mohan <prak902000 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-06-17 13:20:51

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

 Hey,

I'm a SoC student for KStars, and I need some advice/inputs on the
following issue :

We're planning to implement XML formatted logs to store users'
observation data, and it would be really helpful if there is any
library in Qt that generates the C++ classes and the
parsing/serialization code using an XML schema as the input. If there
is any such feature, it would make reading/editing/writing observation
logs much easier.

We found that there's this open-source software called XSD from
CodeSynthesis: http://www.codesynthesis.com/products/xsd/

The software generates a complete C++ class tree and a parser, given
an XML Schema (XSD). I'd like to know if there's something that does
the same, with Qt types instead of standard C++ types.

We're looking at this XML schema called COMAST 2.0:
http://observation.sourceforge.net/en/
which defines an XML format for storing observation logs.

Any suggestions / inputs on this will be appreciated.

Regards,
Prakash

--
Prakash