Thanks Chusslove for this information. Louai's patch solves this issue for me. Best regards, Zayed On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 6:01 PM, Chusslove Illich wrote: >> [: Zayed Al-Saidi :] >> Now, how can I run a kde session with LANG=ar_OM.UTF.8 option ? > > Are you sure that is the correct system locale name? It should rather be > ar_OM.UTF-8 (hyphen instead of dot). Available system locales can be listed > by running locale -a. > > As for language, the priority is this: KDE_LANG environment variable has the > highest priority, then the setting in KCM, then LANGUAGE, LC_ALL, LANG > environment variables in that order. So if you set a language in KCM, only > KDE_LANG can override it. Though, language setting as such has nothing > explicitly to do with text direction, and I don't how is it actually that > text direction is determined. > > -- > Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић) > > >>> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe << > > >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<