List:       kde-devel
Subject:    ksnapshot - no minimize button & region now shows black dimension
From:       "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty () suddenlinkmail ! com>
Date:       2009-06-10 2:34:44

Listmates,

	I have 2 questions about the new ksnapshot (kde43beta1).

(1) There is no minimize button on the title bar. Is this a feature or is it
just my install? I have a screenshot of both the kde3 and kde4 ksnapshot
versions together and I can't explain why the kde3 app will minimize and the
kde4 app won't. Any ideas?

(59k, kde3 on left)

http://www.3111skyline.com/download/openSUSE_bugs/kde4/screenshots/ksnapshot.jpeg

(2) The new ksnapshot gives you a read-out of the size of the "region" being
selected when selecting a region. Not only does it provide a bounding-box with
the dimensions displayed in the center, but it also provides a separate black
box in the top-left corner of the display giving you the same information. The
problem becomes grabbing a region in the top-left of the screen. You have no
way of moving the thing in the top-left corner to be able to see the detail
underneath it you want to get (or where you want to stop/start the grab). Is
there any way to turn the black box off? I don't need the same information
twice, I get it the first time.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC