On Saturday 06 June 2009 21:51:24 KSU wrote: > The part of KDE-4 that is most unloved in KPrinter. In fact, there was > so little support for it that it was canceled. :-( I have ideas about > how this should work, if anyone is interested. I wouldn't say entirely unloved, just an extremely demanding mistress... :-) The big thing with printing right now is trying to get all the features we need (like odd/even pages and persistent settings) built into the Qt print system and dialog, which is now more likely with their moving to a more open development model. Trying to sort that will be my summer project, and anyone able to help will be welcome, especially anyone with Mac or Windows printing expertise as I have to solve cross-platform issues before I can push my patches upstream. The printer admin stuff is in good hands now with the underlying engine a cross-distro project between Red Hat, Mandriva, Ubuntu and others, with Kubuntu maintaining the KDE front-ends. Which leaves the KDE3 print utilities like kprinter and kdeprintfax. These are things I just don't have time to work on at all and really are up for grabs. John. >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<