List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: window resizing speed
From:       Michael Pyne <mpyne () purinchu ! net>
Date:       2009-06-07 3:36:57

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 06 June 2009 22:40:16 Nicholas Tung wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>     It seems like unchecking "display content in resizing windows"
> (right click top left icon / configure window behavior / moving)
> doesn't make resizing faster for a few apps (firefox, eclipse). Others
> (e.g. dolphin) are faster. Can anyone else verify this? Is it perhaps
> still sending resize events to the window?

I don't have Eclipse but I can confirm the effect on Firefox, and I can confirm
that KDE apps seem to be unaffected.

I believe X does send events to the window asking whether or not a given final
size is allowable or not, so if it takes Firefox/Eclipse a lot of time to
decide that may cause the issue.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne