Lydia Pintscher wrote: > Heya folks :) > > I am trying to find those parts of KDE that do not have someone to > take care of them as well as those that are very much in need of > help. The goal is to find people in the end who are interested in > them. Please let me know here or offlist. > With many thanks Lydia: I presume that you are looking for major things rather than small rough edges that need polishing, although I have always though that that is important. The part of KDE-4 that is most unloved in KPrinter. In fact, there was so little support for it that it was canceled. :-( I have ideas about how this should work, if anyone is interested. It appears that KImgIO only supports 1 of 3 Jpeg2000 file types. The file with the extension "jp2" works while "j2k" and "jpc" don't. Yes, this sounds like a bug, but I wonder if this is a general issue that KImgIO needs some love for less common image formats. I note that ImageMagick will display these so this probably isn't difficult and the code can be borrowed. Perhaps the same is true of previewing RAW digital camera files. I find that KDE-4 apps do not open NEF (Nikon RAW) files but rather extract the thumbnail file. So, someone needs to work on this for various RAW formats. Some samples are available here: http://www.glasslantern.com/RAWpository/ I note that to just display the images (rather than opening them for modification) that a half resolution preview option would be useful for all Bayer CFA formats. There are still common Panel applets that are missing from KDE-4. I specifically don't find: "Bookmarks", "Settings", & "Window List". I read somewhere that the Plasma Digital Clock code needed work (perhaps that has been done). All I see is that you can't set the font and font size for the date. And, I have seen it discussed that there is a need for a very simple application to "just look at" image, video, audio, and (perhaps) other files -- although this needs the tools to view them (e.g. images need: flip H & V, rotate CW & CCW, invert, zoom to value, zoom + & -, zoom 100%, fit best, fit V, fit H, Gamma, brightness, contrast) but no editing, modification functions or feature bloat -- although stepping through a directory is useful. -- KSU >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<