List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Separate X Screen Mode in KDE 3.5.10 broken
From:       "Klaus Gmeinwieser" <Klaus.Gmeinwieser () gmx ! net>
Date:       2009-06-05 14:50:24

Hello,

I have used opensuse 10.2 for several years now which uses KDE 3.5.5. I configured \
the X window system to use mode "separate X screens" (with NVIDIA 7300 Adapter and \
the proprietary driver) which allows me to have two completely independend KDE \
sessions on my monitors.

The main advantages were
- two independend start menus
- two independend system trays
- the possibility to switch between workspaces on each screen!!!
- mouse functionalty as on a xinerama setup
- keyboard setupfor all screens and apps.

As I need to switch to a faster machine I installed a opensuse 11.1 system with KDE \
3.5.10 and tried to enable the same setup again. But the second screen does not work \
independend, also there is no kicker....

Is this issue already known for version 3? I found something related for KDE 4.1.
I also tried KDE 4.1.3 from openSUSE 11.1 and this version is also not capable of the \
old multiscreen behaviour.

Maybe this information is helpful to you, as I really would apreciate to have this \
functionality on KDE 3/4 again.

I would be happy about any information from your side and thank you a lot for your \
help.

Best regards
Klaus Gmeinwieser