List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: ssl auth failure gui: does "continue" do what I think it does?
From:       Michael Pyne <mpyne () purinchu ! net>
Date:       2009-06-05 18:39:32

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 05 June 2009 13:29:06 Nicholas Tung wrote:
> Plus, a better
> icon (oxygen's security-low.png -- the red shield with an "x") wouldn't
> make it any slower for the savvy users (I get the feeling you're presuming
> I'm not one...).

Did you read his email?  Then, before you decided to lob the (minor)
accusation, did you *re-read* it?

Here's what he wrote:
---
For those that *are* savvy, Firefox went from one click to get past a
self-signed cert to four.  You may like that annoyance, but there are a
large number of people (like myself) that don't, or would like the
option to change that.
---

Please notice that he specifically included you in the same group as himself
(and the large number of other "savvy" people that don't like four click or
would like an option to change that).

So I don't know why you get the feeling that he is saying you're not a savvy
user, except perhaps that you are being predisposed toward that line of
reasoning due to what he is arguing for.  If that's the case I ask you to be
more careful in the future; people can disagree without it being assumed that
they are also slinging mud.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne