List:       kde-devel
Subject:    XML Gui question: upgrading from KDE 4.2 to 4.3
From:       Peter Penz <peter.penz () gmx ! at>
Date:       2009-06-04 19:14:00

Hello,

Dolphin for KDE 4.3 introduces a new toolbar which contains a search box for
Nepomuk.

After updating my KDE 4.2 installation with KDE 4.3 beta1 I noticed that
.kde4/share/apps/dolphin/dolphinui.rc has not been updated correctly:
- No search box is shown as toolbar.
- The entry Settings -> Toolbars -> [x] Search Toolbar is not shown.

The root cause is that the lines:
<ToolBar iconText="icononly" name="searchToolBar" newline="false" >
  <text context="@title:menu" >Search Toolbar</text>
  <Action name="search_bar" />
 </ToolBar>

have not been added to the KDE 4.2 version of dolphinui.rc when upgrading to
KDE 4.3.

I took care to increase the version with
<kpartgui version="10" name="dolphin" >

Is there something else I have to take care of? The source RC file looks like
this:
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdebase/apps/dolphin/src/dolphinui.rc?revision=956820&view=markup

Thanks!
Peter