List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Inconsistency - discussion
From:       Tom Albers <toma () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-06-01 13:55:58

Op Monday 01 June 2009 15:37 schreef u:
> On 01.06.09 14:43:56, Tom Albers wrote:
> > If you choose quit from an application you don't get a confirmation dialog,
> but you do get (an annoying one) if you close a system tray application.
>
> I hope you mean that you don't want a dialog when quitting from systray
> :)

Correct.

> > Konsole does not have a menu bar which can access the menu items individually
> with a shortcut.
>
> And thats quite correct. Konsole is really special here, because it has
> to care about possible text-user-interface applications running inside
> it and has to provide most possible shortcuts combo's to these. And
> unfortunately it (AFAIK) also doesn't get to know wether the running app
> handled the shortcut or not.

So you would have to find a way to forward the key to the app running imho.

> > Copy & Paste is still very hard to use and acts differently in for example
> konsole or krdc.
>
> Again, konsole is different because its a terminal application.

If there is a selection and one presses ctrl-c it should simply do a copy.

> > Tooltips of systemtray items all look differently.
>
> Not for me between kopete, akregator, klipper and amarok. KMix is
> different, but as far as I understood thats because its using the new
> experimental notification stuff in kdelibs.

choqok and klipper are different to kwallet and akonadi for example.

> > The search bar in Konqi (ctrl-f) is not consistent with other searchbars we
> use throughout kde (it's at the bottom and has different layout).
>
> Which other search bars are you talking about? The only other search
> bars I know are in konsole and kate and both are also at the bottom.
> There's a slight difference in that konsole provides the options as
> three checkboxes, instead of as dropdown menu as in kate and konqueror.

The quicksearch as used for example in kmail.

> > Konqueror has a 'show navigation panel' and when it's shown the menu item
> changes to 'hide navigation panel' and use an icon. Other apps have a checkbox
> and keep the 'show x' text.
>
> IIRC there's ongoing flaming about each way, not sure what the HIG says
> about that.

So, it is a valid remark from me that it is inconsistent...

Toma
--
KDE Developer