Hi, thanks for your help. Didn't expect to get so many answers. After reading your comments I got the impression that it will be better for me to start with Python and PyQT/PyKDE. Mark Summerfield's book is very digestible for a beginner like me, too. At the moment Python seems easier for learning autodidactically. (Plus the lack of compile cycles is not that bad. ;) Later on I'm still going to start getting into C++ as well. Hope I can help you out with code in this language some day. Matthias >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<