List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: (BugReport dialog) "kdepackages.h" update
From:       Ben Cooksley <sourtooth () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-05-07 7:09:25

On 5/6/09, Darío Andrés <andresbajotierra@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone. As I recently discovered that the new SystemSettings
> allows to launch the Report Bug dialog, I realized that we could
> update the kdepackages.h file in order to reflect the new names of the
> components in the SystemSettings product at bugs.kde.org. ("general" /
> "treeview" and "kcm_modulename"). Also, we could delete the "kcontrol"

Renaming the System Settings product components sounds like a very good idea.
Not sure about removing the legacy components however.

> entry as it is now closed for new bug reports (only available to keep
> KDE3 bugs log)
> We could also remove some legacy components, like "arts", "dcop", "kicker"
> What do you think ? Could this change be made?

> Thanks in advance
Could all existing KCM's that are located elsewhere ( Solid >
powerdevil-kcm for instance ) please be moved under the System
Settings product also?

It doesn't make sense that they are scattered everywhere and is harder
for those filing bugs. This leads to them getting filed aganist System
Settings > General, and I wouldn't even know where to start looking
for the KCM's in most cases, therefore bugs go unfixed.

> Regards
> Dario
> BugSquad member and assistant, DrKonqi2 developer.

>>> <<

Regards,
Ben Cooksley
System Settings maintainer