List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kde-4.2.1  and cups-1.3.9
From:       KSU <ksu257 () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2009-05-05 16:16:42

sibu xolo wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I just   finished an LFS  setup with Linux (AMD64t  64bit-only)
> kernel2.6.27.7,   CUPS-1.3.9  and KDE4.2.1.    I  have KDE working.  I have
> and epson stylus DX6000 (USB) printer/scanner attached.     The CUPS daemon
> is running, for example  http://localhost:631  responds.    However  on
> launching  kdeprint,  nothing happens.

First, I note that this probably isn't a development level issue.

There is no KDEPrint in KDE-4.x.y so you might need to clarify exactly
what the problem is.  KDE uses QPRINT to print.

The problem appears to be the Qt is not properly calling CUPS.  I have
this problem when using LPR but CUPS works OK, so I have concluded that
Qt does not issue the 'lpr' command to print with CUPS (I consider this
to be a Qt bug), but I do not know how Qt starts printing with CUPS.

--
KSU