List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to have a proper default layout with QSplitter
From:       Arnold Krille <kde () arnoldarts ! de>
Date:       2009-04-25 19:03:37

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 25 April 2009 18:05:06 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> I need some advice from layout experts. I've got a QSplitter here, with
> a filled treeview on the left part and a basically empty QWidget on the
> right part. But I can't get a proper initial sizement of these two, the
> treeview always takes the whole horizontal space. This results in nasty
> resizes of the dialog and movement of the splitter once there's a real
> widget put onto the left side.
> Anybody an idea how to get the treeview to not grow bigger than about
> 2/5th of the whole width by default?

Make both widgets sizePolicy MinimumExanding (or Expanding), give the
treewidget a horizontalStretch of 2 and the other widget a stretch of 3.

You can also set a maximumWidth for the treeview this is kind of bad gui
design because it might break with different fontsizes and screen
resolutions...
But it never hurts to give the treeview a minimum size.

Have fun,

Arnold