List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to find the right icon?
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2009-04-20 20:08:59

On 20.04.09 13:15:25, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Monday 20 April 2009, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > is there some document/website/whatever somewhere that explains for what
> > all the standard icons should be used? I'm looking right now at the icon
>
> http://standards.freedesktop.org/icon-naming-spec/icon-naming-spec-latest.html

Will have a look at that as soon as its back online :)

> > that KDevelop uses for indicating that a document was changed outside
> > the application. It uses document-revert for that, but this doesn't seem
> > like the right icon, at least not from the name. Unfortunately neither
> > does any of the other document- icons fit the description and I can't
> > possibly scan all icons. I would've thought there's some
> > document-modified under the status category but I can't see any.
>
> looks like it is missing such an icon. time to talk to the artists perhaps.

Hmm, I guess we really need to start assembling a list of icons that we
need. Out of curiosity I did the same thing in plain kate and was quite
astonished to find that it uses the "stop/cancel" icon to indicate a
file changed outside the app.

Andreas

--
A long-forgotten loved one will appear soon.

Buy the negatives at any price.