List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: ruby and kdewebdev-4.2.1/4.2.2
From:       sibu xolo <sibxol () btconnect ! com>
Date:       2009-04-14 21:48:57

On Tuesday 14 April 2009 01:57:15 am sibu xolo wrote:

> the only one that works is the hamfisted  method of editing
> build/CMakeCache.txt  after cmake is run.
>
> there must be a better way surely?

yep.  Just   do --enable-shared  in the ruby configure script.
Ruby is found and compilation goes to completion. (I am using ruby-1.9.1-p0)

#####
I also   edited  ~/share/cmake(version)/FindRuby  (i.e. ~ =where cmake is
installed)   to include the folowing:-

FIND_PATH(RUBY_INCLUDE_PATH
   NAMES ruby.h
   PATHS
   ${RUBY_ARCH_DIR}
  /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/x86_64-linux/ )

I dont know if it made any difference but it may be  useful (for pure 64-bit
users) to keep  things up to date.
#
thanks to everyone who tried to help and  hope the above is useful

regards
sibu