List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Plasmate Proposal - added some changes and screenshots
From:       Alexander Dymo <alexander.dymo () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-04-01 19:59:07

On Wednesday 01 April 2009 22:23:01 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> kdevelop is an excellent program, but it provides a very different workflow
> than what we want for plasmate, namely:

> but the result would be a large application with far, far too many features
> for the task of "quickly, easily making desktop widgets". we want something
> focused in purpose and so simple that you don't need to read documentation
> for how to use the tool.

Yeah, to reach your goals, writing a dedicated application would be a better
solution than writing a KDevelop plugin.

Still, I do see some possible ways of cooperation.
We could come up with a common code to work with Git repository and we could
use the same code for language supports.
I also see you want to support Ruby and Python. Sooner or later you'll want to
have the parser at least to get the list of classes/methods. Here we (KDevelop
and Plasma teams) can help each other actually.