List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Plasmate Proposal - added some changes and screenshots
From:       Niko Sams <niko.sams () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-04-01 5:50:01

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 11:21 PM, Diego Casella <polentino911@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello guys,
> I made some changes on my PlasMate proposal, and also I added a screenshot
> about the main window ( I think the element placement
> is pretty nice and clean =P ).
> In this moment it only opens a file, and shows it in the editor field;
> however take a look and tell me your impressions.
> http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/user/diego_casella/plasmate

Why don't you write this application as KDevelop plugin? In your screenshot
you have C++ code - so you will have the very good C++ support from KDevelop.
Additionally KDevelop is supposed to support various scripting languages, once
this is implemented in KDevelop you get that for free.
And you can use those VCS plugins that already exist.
A new project wizard with templates exists in KDevelop too - you might have to
extend it.

You could also build it on top of KDevPlatform - that way you have
your own application
with your own welcome screen and so on - but still all plugins avaliable.

Niko