List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to disable plasma
From:       Luciano Montanaro <mikelima () cirulla ! net>
Date:       2009-03-25 14:45:27

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 5:25 AM, David Boosalis
<david.boosalis@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was able to turn off Plasma with Kevin's instruction (editing
> plasma.desktop in share/autostart). But there is a problem in that KWin will
> not repaint the background.   I set the background color with xsetroot -solid
> blue, but as windows are dragged around Kwin will not fill the windows path
> with blue.

I don't know if there is some code to handle that, but if you turn off
compositing (effects) in kwin, xsetroot works. Is this an option for
you?

--
Luciano Montanaro

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on
no account be allowed to do the job. -- Douglas Adams