List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Problem with KWidgetItemDelegate on KDE 4.2 when compiled against 4.1
From:       Stefan Majewsky <majewsky () gmx ! net>
Date:       2009-03-22 22:51:54

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

> Hi all,

my application KaNDAS [1] uses in its new version a KWidgetItemDelegate-
derived view delegate for its main view. I've developed and tested everything
on my KDE 4.2.1 installation (on openSUSE 11.0), but do still call the
deprecated KWidgetItemDelegate::paintWidgets inside the reimplementation of
QAbstractItemDelegate::paint to retain compatibility to KDE 4.1. Everything
worked well on my 4.2 installation.

Now I have built packages for openSUSE 10.3 through 11.1, and these packages
are built on top of a KDE 4.1.3 installation. I did not test them on another
4.1 installation, but I know that these packages are not working properly on
my 4.2.1 installation. On startup, the following debug output appears:

> Object::connect: No such slot
Kandas::Client::ViewDelegate::_k_slotRowsInserted(QModelIndex,int,int)
> Object::connect: No such slot
Kandas::Client::ViewDelegate::_k_slotRowsAboutToBeRemoved(QModelIndex,int,int)
> Object::connect: No such slot
Kandas::Client::ViewDelegate::_k_slotDataChanged(QModelIndex,QModelIndex)
> Object::connect: No such slot
Kandas::Client::ViewDelegate::_k_slotLayoutChanged()
> Object::connect: No such slot
Kandas::Client::ViewDelegate::_k_slotModelReset()
> Object::connect: No such slot
Kandas::Client::ViewDelegate::_k_slotRowsInserted(QModelIndex,int,int)
> Object::connect: No such slot
Kandas::Client::ViewDelegate::_k_slotRowsAboutToBeRemoved(QModelIndex,int,int)
> Object::connect: No such slot
Kandas::Client::ViewDelegate::_k_slotDataChanged(QModelIndex,QModelIndex)
> Object::connect: No such slot
Kandas::Client::ViewDelegate::_k_slotLayoutChanged()
> Object::connect: No such slot
Kandas::Client::ViewDelegate::_k_slotModelReset()

What I observe is that the view does not update at all, it only displays the
initial state which the model had at the time when the view was shown. Note
that my implementation renders everything through a big widget, so I cannot
tell if only the widgets do not update. I do only know that selection
backgrounds are still painted properly.

The code of the Kandas::Client::ViewDelegate can be found at [2]. Did I use
the KWidgetItemDelegate incorrectly, or is this a real regression?

Greetings
Stefan

[1]http://code.google.com/p/kandas/
[2]http://code.google.com/p/kandas/source/browse/trunk/kandas/viewdelegate.cpp