List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Community Integration
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-03-21 17:34:56

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 21 March 2009, Akarsh Simha wrote:
> Somebody directed me to a Schema that suits our specific purpose and
> is being adopted by a few other astronomy services:
> http://observation.sourceforge.net/en/
> Now, will that "conflict" with Open Collaboration Services API?

no; the OpenCollab Services API is about sending information around and
finding people to do that with. what gets passed (other than the identity
info) is pretty wide open. this would make a really nice test case of the
system, imho, in fact.

> concerned: Is it recommended that we write our own stuff now and later
> port it to the standards when the API is stable?

no, i think you should try and work with the APIs from the start. they are
already being used by others, and the more people we have using them the
quicker they will mature and become a solid, well understood area of
technology that even more people can use.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se