List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to create a mime type
From:       Stefan Majewsky <majewsky () gmx ! net>
Date:       2009-03-20 23:01:06

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Freitag 20 März 2009 23:35:47 David Boosalis wrote:
> I have a certain extension I want to associate with my own mime type
>
> The file extension is .lgr (Los Gatos Research).  Is there a tutorial on
> how to do this and how to get it installed with cmake.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help

It's not a tutorial, but I have put something similar together for Palapeli
puzzles. The source is at [1], the WebSVN link is [2]. The file palapeli-
mimetypes.xml registers a MIME type application/x-palapeli-puzzle with the
extension *.pala, and the desktop file for the application at
app/palapeli.desktop says in the last line that it accepts such files as
parameters. See the CMakeLists.txt files for how to install these files
correctly.

Greetings
Stefan

[1] svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/playground/games/palapeli
[2] http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/games/palapeli