List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: GSoC enthusiast hoping to integrate multi-touch user-interface
From:       Guillaume Pothier <gpothier () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-03-19 20:26:38

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 2:28 PM, Stefan Majewsky <majewsky@gmx.net> wrote:
> I'm concerned whether KDE is the right project to talk to at this time. While
> I would still like MPX support, I do not want it through some kind of
> additional KDE library. Instead, support should go directly into the Qt layer
> (QMouseEvent), but Qt is not a GSoC project...

While it is necsessary for Qt to provide the base events, like Ashish
suggests a higher-level framework is needed to easily build MT apps.
And maybe this framework could be part of KDE. So maybe a small
portion of the GSoC time could be spent in adding the necessary
infrastructure into Qt, even if Qt itself is not part of GSoC?
Anyway, I think it would be good if Ashish could elaborate on what
this framework would do and how it would work.
Cheers,