List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: usability ideas
From:       David Johnson <david () usermode ! org>
Date:       2009-03-07 18:06:29

On Saturday 07 March 2009 09:39:50 am David Boosalis wrote:
> 1) Device plugin  applet in bottom panel needs an unmount.
> As I go to this applet to see my CD and USB when inserted, it would be nice
> to be able to go here to unmount and eject the media.

When the drive or disk is mounted, open the Device Notifier, and hover your
mouse over the entry. There should be a symbol to eject/unmount the drive to
the right of the entry. There should definitely a context menu for this,
however.

> 2) Gwenview.
>    Wish I could open a tool like gimp with a right click and pull down
> menu.

I've got that. I right click on an image, then choose "Open With >". Gimp is
there. You might want to check file associations to make sure Gimp is set to
handle your various image formats.

--
David Johnson