Stefan Majewsky writes: > What about extending the syntax of the kfiledialog: pseudo protocol to > "kfiledialog:///keyword/suggestedName.ext"? As long as this does not clash > with source compatibility, this could be an alternative to polluting the > KFileDialog class namespace. Changing the protocol syntax like that was exactly my plan - it would be compatible with existing source unless any currently used keyword contained a slash (not very likely). Adding a new method wouldn't be BIC (static functions only), but all of the static KFileDialog functions would either have to be overloaded or have an additional parameter added - very messy. So I doubt that that would be accepted into kdelibs at this stage. So as long as "changing the interpretation of a parameter" is not considered to be an API change, extending the kfiledialog: URL syntax should be the better way. I'll work on a patch. Regards, Jonathan -- Jonathan Marten http://www.keelhaul.demon.co.uk Twickenham, UK jjm2@keelhaul.demon.co.uk >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<