Hello all, I'm sure that I'm not the first person to have tried to do this, or have worked around it. But I'd be interested to know if there is a standard way to achieve what would seem to be "the right thing" from an application. Especially for saving, there doesn't seem to be any way, using the static functions in KFileDialog, to specify both a "last used starting directory" and a "suggested file name". There is the 'startDir' parameter, and this can be "kfiledialog:///keyword" to specify the the saved location keyword, but using this option there is no way to specify a suggested file name. Or this parameter can be the suggested file name, but in this case there is no way to specify a saved location keyword. Or it can be a full URL, specifying a directory and filename, but in this case there is no support for the saved location keyword. So an application which tries to remember its save location, for example extragear/base/konq-plugins/webarchiver/plugin_webarchiver.cpp, saves the last-used-directory itself in its config file. This works, but defeats the purpose of having the KFileDialog keyword support. Having every application doing its own thing can't be good for coding consistency, if nothing else. krecentdirs.h is not installed, so I assume that this class is intended for internal use by kfile only. The other option seems to be to explicitly create a KFileDialog instead of using the static functions, then the keyword can be specified in the constructor and the suggested file name set with setSelection(). But in this case, there's no point having the more convenient static functions. I've had some thoughts about how this (apparent) anomaly could be fixed, but would just like to confirm that I haven't missed anything first... Regards, Jonathan -- Jonathan Marten http://www.keelhaul.demon.co.uk Twickenham, UK jjm2@keelhaul.demon.co.uk >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<