List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 4.2.0 issues
From:       Robin Atwood <robin () binro ! org>
Date:       2009-02-26 11:49:16

On Thursday 26 Feb 2009, Norberto Bensa wrote:
> Ok Robin. Apologies accepted.
Thanks. :)

> I don't restore kdesu'ed apps myself, but have your tried using sudo
> (with NOPASSWD in /etc/sudoers)?

I already do a similar thing using /etc/pam.d/su so that users in the wheel
group do not need a password to use su (which has a beneficial side-effect
that admins do not need to know the root password) and so I never get any
password prompts. The point I am making is that, AFAICT, KDE 4 completely
forgets about apps running under kdesu when you logoff and does not try to
restore them when you log back on, unlike KDE 3.

HTH
-Robin
Robin Atwood.

         from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling