List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: alt+tab
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2009-02-20 10:02:24

On 20.02.09 03:30:19, Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 6:15 PM, Rauch Wolke <rauchwolke@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > it seems that alt+tab hotkey to switch between running apps doesnt work
> > anymore .. the hotkey is undifned .... after defining it still doesnt work
> > normal; it only swtiches between the last and current app ....
> >
> > when the desktop effect is changed it works again ... but after the next
> > start
> > it doesnt work , only changing the switch effect reanables the alt+tab
> > functinality.
> >

> I see this every once in a while and it drives me nuts. In fact, it's doing
> it to me again right now. I've tried "killall -9 kwin; sleep 5; kwin&" and
> that doesn't fix it, and I've done the same thing with kded4. Maybe I'm
> seeing a different thing than you are. Right now, alt-tab is only swapping
> windows immediately for me. It's not using any of the window-switching
> effects that I try to set in systemsettings. Would LOVE to help debug this,
> but I'm not sure where to start.

I've posted this already to the kwin list, apparently they've got a bug in
the related code. Workaround is to go to the window behaviour configuration
in systemsettings, uncheck one of the checkboxes, check it again then
apply. Only works until the next restart of the session.

Will file a bugreport if I don't get an answer on the kwin list today.

Andreas

--
Next Friday will not be your lucky day.  As a matter of fact, you don't
have a lucky day this year.