List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: notificcation in systray and logout
From:       Eduardo Robles <edulix () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-02-10 15:52:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Andras Mantia <amantia@kde.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 10 February 2009, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > I've found that pressing Alt+Shift+F12 twice solves the problem (that
> > disables then reenables desktop effects), usually followed by a full
> > redraw of the screen, like switching desktops.
>
> Just wondering, because sometime in the past I saw similar issue, but
> not with logout, but with VT switching: if you have the present windows
> (expose) effect turned on and you move the mouse to the top/left corner
> (or the place where you activate the effect), does it get back to normal?
> If yes, that'd be an easier workaround. :)
>
> Andras

I don't know if I'm experiencing the same or a different problem. From time
to time, in both of my computers, my keyboard just stops working for a
period of time. But mouse continues working, oddly enough. After some
apparently random time keyboard gets back to life and it works again. It has
happen to me in both laptops (Acer Aspire One being one of them). I use
desktop effects in both too.