List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Translating custom XML format
From:       Vladimir Kuznetsov <ks.vladimir () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-02-04 11:19:40

On Wednesday 04 February 2009 13:37:29 Pino Toscano wrote:
> Alle mercoledì 04 febbraio 2009, Vladimir Kuznetsov ha scritto:
> > Actually yesterday I've wrote a simple
> > python script (see attached file) that handles extraction of arbitrary
> > XML tags for translation and then putting translated versions back.
>
> For a XML -> .cpp-for-po version, you want to take a look at extractrc and
> extractattr in kdesdk/scripts.
Yes, I know about that scripts. Writing reverse converter (XML+.po -> XML)
actually requires almost the same code. Another reason to put both in one
program is to ensure that both conversions will use identical extraction
algorithm. Actually adding this functionality to extractrc is also possible,
but I don't know perl good enough to do it myself.

--
      Best Regards,
        Vladimir