List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: bugs and questions
From:       Stefan Majewsky <majewsky () gmx ! net>
Date:       2009-01-29 21:33:20

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Mittwoch 28 Januar 2009 10:19:18 adu wrote:
> Hello all!!
> First of all I will ask a question.
>
> Where and how I can get the latest build of kcachegrind tool if:
>
> My Linux OS can't be updated up to latest release due to some admin's
> restrictions.

If you cannot install packages, you will have a hard time setting up a KDE 4
development environment which is required to build KDE 4 applications.

> But I know that in the latest KDE4.2 (package kdesdk) you have improved
> version of this tool.
>
> But have I can extract only this tool from that package??

Most KDE modules are designed in a way that allows to compile only the
interesting parts. Assuming that you have a KDE 4 development environment, you
can do the following:

svn co -N svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/4.2/KDE/kdesdk/
cd kdesdk
svn up kcachegrind

Then do the usual CMake build stuff, and only kcachegrind will be built.

Stefan