List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: cmakekdeall
From:       Shai Berger <shai () platonix ! com>
Date:       2009-01-29 13:21:07

Hi Matthew,

Sorry about the delayed response -- I've been off-list for a while.

On Tuesday 20 January 2009 02:34:17 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Shai Berger wrote:
> > 1) It fetches the sources in a single svn command. [...]
>
> Updating is done in cmakekdeall? Hmm... well, can't say I ever had that
> function (the scripts I have are based on something pre-4.0 IIRC and
> I've never looked at how they've changed, and mine have diverged quite a
> bit since that point.) Personally I have updates done as a separate step
> (that includes filtering the result to something that is readable
> without needing a huge scrollback, and prominently highlights merges and
> conflicts). But then, my setup isn't meant to be fully automated.

I don't think the .bashrc from techbase should strive to be fully automated
(obviously; see below). FWIW, I think your update-step, with its improved
results presentation, would be a valuable addition to .bashrc.

> > 2) In case of build failure, the process stops.
>
> As Michael pointed out, perhaps not the best idea.

I took that point, and the version I actually uploaded says,

        for f in $folders; do
            # Remove the "|| return" part if you don't want to
            # stop the build whenever a single module fails.
            cs $f && cmakekde || return
        done

> My "build everything"
> also stops on failure, except that "build everything" is an alias for
> "build <list-of-everything>". IOW, when something fails, it's easy to
> resubmit as "build <list-of-packages-after-failure>". That sort of
> ability might be useful to have.

I agree -- I'd like that too.

Have fun,
	Shai.