List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Problems with QGraphicsWidgets and Plasma::PopupApplet when in the
From:       "Ezequiel R. Aguerre" <ezeaguerre () yahoo ! com ! ar>
Date:       2009-01-28 19:38:00

Hi, I'm sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask this, if it isn't please point me to the \
right place :-)

I've made a little plasmoid which inherits from Plasma::PopupApplet and I have this problems:

1) I use a Plasma::Label inside a QGraphicsLinearLayout inside a QGraphicsWidget and I return \
this last widget from "graphicsWidget()", the problem is that when I set a text in the label \
the plasmoid doesn't get resized... and I don't know how to do it... I've tried with stuff like \
this:

updateGeometry ();
emit sizeHintChanged ( Qt::MinimumSize );
emit sizeHintChanged ( Qt::PreferredSize );
emit sizeHintChanged ( Qt::MaximumSize );
emit geometryChanged ();
update ();

and this:

delete layout ();
QGraphicsLinearLayout *layout = new QGraphicsLinearLayout;
layout->addItem ( m_label );
setLayout ( layout );

but nothing... :-(
I don't know if it's related with any of this or is just me:

* http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/plasma-devel/2008-December/003038.html
* http://www.qtsoftware.com/developer/task-tracker/index_html?id=211500&method=entry
* http://www.qtsoftware.com/developer/task-tracker/index_html?id=231114&method=entry

2) I use "setPopupIcon(...);" to set an icon but I also have to call "setMinimumSize(...);", I \
would prefer not to... is there a way to make my applet an icon when in the panel (regardless \
the size)?

3) When I move my applet to the panel and then back to the desktop, the applet looses it's \
previous size (it seems it gets resized to the minimum size) and when I try to resize it, the \
aspect ratio has changed, it seems PopupApplet is not restoring it's previous size nor it's \
previous aspect ratio. I've tried this with other plasmoids like the LCD Weather Station and \
the new weather plasmoid, and they have the same bug... is this a bug in PopupApplet? what do I \
have to do to make it remember the previous settings?

Thanks!!
--
Ezequiel R. Aguerre

      Yahoo! Cocina