List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Some thoughts and brainstorming about DrKonqui crash handler
From:       "David Jarvie" <djarvie () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-01-23 13:07:32

On Thursday 22 January 2009 22:57, Darío Andrés wrote:
> DrKonqui crash handler dialog brainstorming:

A lot of good ideas. As you said, the usability people should be involved
to look at the design of the dialogue. Another factor to consider is that
in its basic operation, the dialogue shouldn't be too slow. I know that
backtraces take a bit of time to generate, and maybe there's nothing that
can be done to speed them up. But if there's to be a link to bugzilla, if
it's too slow it would put some people off reporting the bug.

> - Autodetect crashed app version ?
>   Not sure if this is posible for 100%. Anyways it may not be relevant
> as the most part of the KDE apps use the KDE distribution/version
> scheme.

This would definitely be useful for apps issued outside the main KDE
releases - e.g. extragear, or those such as KAlarm which have interim
releases as well.

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author & maintainer.