List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Compiling KDE svn with kdesvn-build
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-01-18 9:08:15

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>On 17.01.09 19:21:47, Bruno Miguel wrote:

>> > What you need is to set a different $KDEHOME enviroment var, add
>> > somethng like this to your KDE trunk startup script:
>> > export KDEHOME ="~/.kde4"
>>
>> I only need export KDEHOME ="~/.kde4" when compiling? I'm trying to
>> compile kde 4 svn to all the users in the system.
>
>No, KDEHOME is used while running KDE apps, so you need to set it in the
>shell from which you want to start KDE 4 trunk/4.2 apps. I'm not sure
>wether the 4.2/trunk apps will start its own "infrastructure" (i.e.
> kded, sycoca) or re-use the 4.1 ones.

Note that KDEHOME is *also* used by KDE 3 applications (and KDE 2 ones,
but that would be irrelevant at this point).

If you want a separation, you need to set the defaults in kdelibs and
kdebase (there's a CMake variable for that, whose name I don't remember)
and you must NOT set KDEHOME.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358