List:       kde-devel
Subject:    cmakekdeall
From:       Shai Berger <shai () platonix ! com>
Date:       2009-01-04 21:25:49

Hi all,

I would like to replace the cmakekdeall shell function in
http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Getting_Started/Increased_Productivity_in_KDE4_with_Scripts/.bashrc
with the following version:

function cmakekdeall {

        FOLDERS="kdesupport KDE/kdelibs KDE/kdebase \
                KDE/kdepimlibs KDE/kdepim KDE/kdesdk \
                KDE/kdegraphics KDE/kdevplatform KDE/kdevelop \
                "
                # Add others or remove to taste, e.g.
                # KDE/kdemultimedia KDE/kdenetwork KDE/kdeutils \

        cd && cs # go to src root
        svn up $FOLDERS

        for f in $FOLDERS; do
            cs $f && cmakekde || return
        done

}

This improves the existing function in two respects:

1) It fetches the sources in a single svn command. Although I'm not sure it
guarantees a single version, it certainly improves the chances for it, and
helps consistency. The current version builds each module after fetching it,
so not only are there separate svn commands, there are significant time gaps
between their invocations. (Note: In the scheme set up in the tutorials, the
different folders are each checked out separately -- src/KDE is not a SVN
working copy).

2) In case of build failure, the process stops.

Should I talk to anybody except for this list before making the change? Are
there any other comments?

Thanks,
	Shai.