List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Questions about protected slots.
From:       "Robert Knight" <robertknight () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-12-24 14:49:09

> Maybe you need a QTableWidget rather than a QTableView.
> QTableWidget inherits QTableView and has a variety of useful signals
> when the user selects cells and rows.

I would recommend avoiding QTable/Tree/ListWidget in most cases and
using QStandardItemModel instead with
QTable/Tree/ListView.  The problem with 'QXYZWidget' classes is that
there is no model-view separation with them which gives you very
little flexibility in future if you need to change the view type, use
a custom model, show the same
data in different places, sort or filter the model data etc.  My
understanding is that QTable/Tree/ListWidget were added as an aid to
porting from Qt 3 (or the Qt 3 support classes) and unless you have a
simple view with a small number of items which is unlikely to change
then I would advise against using them in new code.

Regards,
Robert.