List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Akonadi fails to start on KDE 4.2 due to missing DB driver
From:       Volker Krause <vkrause () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-12-15 10:48:23

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 15 December 2008 11:16:29 Henry de Valence wrote:
> On Sun December 14 2008 6:09:34 am Allen Winter wrote:
> > On Sunday 14 December 2008 11:23:03 am Pramod Dematagoda wrote:
> > > Hey there,
> > >
> > > I am using the latest KDE 4.2 from SVN on Gentoo 2008.0, Qt 4.4.3 and
> > > mysql:- mysql  Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.60, for pc-linux-gnu (i686) using
> > > readline 5.2
> > >
> > > When I built kdesupport, I was told that Mysql was present and that it
> > > would be used, however when I start KDE akonadi tells me:-
> > > [akonadiserver] Database driver "QMYSQL" was not found.
> > > [akonadiserver] Available drivers are: ("QSQLITE")
> > > [akonadiserver] Falling back to database driver "QMYSQL"
> > > [akonadiserver] Database driver "QMYSQL" was not found.
> > > [akonadiserver] Available drivers are: ("QSQLITE")
> > > [akonadiserver] No usable database driver found.
> > > which seems weird since I had disabled(which was the default) the
> > > SQLITE driver in the first place. This issue has been going on for
> > > about 3 weeks or so.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance for any help on this. :)
> >
> > You need to build Qt with the MySQL plugin.
> > When configuring Qt, make sure to add the -plugin-sql-mysql option to
> > the configure command line.
> >
> > More info can be found at http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi

> My Qt has MySQL, but it still doesn't work:
>
> The QtSQL driver 'QMYSQL' is required by your current Akonadi server
> configuration.
> The following drivers are installed: QSQLITE, QMYSQL3, QMYSQL.
> Make sure the required driver is installed.

Please always provide the full self-test log in case of problems with Akonadi.
Your problem obviously is not a missing mysql driver, but something else
which is not visible from the small part pasted above.

Btw, many of the questions asekd in this thread are covered here already,
including solutions for the most common problems:
http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/PIM/Akonadi#Akonadi_FAQ

regards
Volker