Am Montag, 1. Dezember 2008 schrieb Arno Rehn: > Getting Plasmoids with Get Hot New Stuff. Each C++ plasmoid you download, > you have to compile on your specific distribution or hope someone built a > package for it. C# (and all the scripting languages) are platform > independent, so it's possible to get them with Get Hot New Stuff (which > will make most of the users that aren't familiar with compiling stuff happy > :)) The mayor language with managed garbage and virtual machine (compile once, run everywhere) is Java. From my C++ coder POV these two languages are so similar that I fail to see why it's worth to risk getting into patent issues with MS. The only big advantage of C# is that it's part of the CLI family. This isn't of any value for non MS platforms. Greetings, -- Maik >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<