List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Completion of error handling
From:       Markus Elfring <Markus.Elfring () web ! de>
Date:       2008-11-29 16:44:42

> The use case that is described in a related article section "A Reusable
> Aspect for Memory Allocation Checking" by Michael Gong, Vinod Muthusamy
> and Hans-Arno Jacobsen does not look academic to me.

I would like to point out that there are more consequences to consider
if exception support will be enabled (and not switched off by the
compiler parameter "-fno-exceptions") for this case.
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.general/41107/focus=41424
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-devel&m=113398044826919

Exception safety will become a relevant detail for the software
implementation. I suggest to look at places in the source files if all
pointers are appropriately initialised.
https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?short_desc=Improve+exception+safety+with+smart+pointe \
rs&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&emailreporter1=1&emailtype1=substring&email1=Markus.Elfring&order=Bug+Number
 https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?short_desc=Improve+implementation+of+constructors&sh \
ort_desc_type=allwordssubstr&emailreporter1=1&emailtype1=substring&email1=Markus.Elfring&order=Bug+Number

Regards,
Markus