List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Plasma taking 30% of CPU
From:       Emmanuel Briot <briot () adacore ! com>
Date:       2008-11-28 5:06:00

On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 18:04:28 -0700, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> yes, we've narrowed it down to repaint issues with certain classes of systray
> icons ... we've got a patch in the works, should be in svn within the next day
> or two.

Reviving this discussion from a few days ago: the latest opensuse rpm
versions have slightly improved, but I am still seeing problems with
the systemtray: I generally have three or four applications in there
(kmix, skype, amarok and knetworkmanager). When I start up, the
systemtray is only wide enough for one icon, and they keep blinking,
using up to 60% of the CPU. The workaround I am using currently is to
remove the systemtray and add it again, which then gives it a size wide
enough for the four icons.
Same problem if I add new applications to the systemtray, I need to
remove it and add it again.

I believe this is the same issue we were seeing before, so I wanted to
let you know of the current behavior, in the light of the KDE 4.2
freeze.

Thank you

Emmanuel