List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Loading plugin without installing
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2008-11-23 23:05:33

Hi,

Does anybody know of a way to load a kde plugin without installing it via
the normal KService/KPluginLoad&Co ways? I tried setting KDEDIRS to include
a "prefix" that has the .desktop file in the right path. This makes at
least KService* happy, however the actual loading fails somewhere in the
KLibrary/QLibrary/KPluginLoader code because it doesn't find the .so file -
even if I use the absolute path to it in the .desktop file (which
apparently is supported, judging from the code).

It seems that for some reason resolving the qt_plugin_instance symbol
doesn't work. But nm tells me the symbol is in the module.

Anybody has an idea or even example how to do this?

Andreas

--
Don't look now, but there is a multi-legged creature on your shoulder.