List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KDE 4 SVN for 22/11/08 fails to start
From:       Pramod Dematagoda <pmd.lotr.gandalf () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-11-22 5:21:15

Hey there, I've just compiled KDE 4 SVN for 22/11/08 and it had built
and installed properly, kdm also starts-up properly, however, when I try
to login via kdm, the screen blanks out for a few seconds and then drops
me back to kdm. I have looked in kdm.log, but it shows nothing,
and .xsession-errors contains nothing at all, in fact, it hasn't even
been created after I removed it to find out exactly what went wrong. I
also removed .kde4 to see if it would clear the problem, to no avail.

This is on Gentoo 2008.0 with X 1.5.3. I am using the nv and evdev
drivers.

P.S. I tried adding "export KDEHOME=~/.kde4" in the startkde script, but
it didn't fix it.

Regards,
Pramod Dematagoda