List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [REMINDER] i18n String Freeze TODAY
From:       Ian Wadham <ianw2 () optusnet ! com ! au>
Date:       2008-11-19 0:37:31

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 01:12:17 am Allen Winter wrote:
> Cutoff time is our traditional 23:59 UTC

I seem to remember asking about this once before and being
told the cutoff is 23:59 "wherever you are", which put us
Australians at a small disadvantage and US/Canada West
Coasters and beyond at a slight advantage.

No complaints, but that is the "traditional" rule, no?

As it is, your reminder arrived at 1:12 am on 19th November
(for me) and I woke up and read it several hours later.  So your
"TODAY" is my "yesterday" in this case ... :-)

No harm done - I did not have anything to commit - but maybe
it is best to use explicit times and dates in announcements.

All the best, Ian W.
Melbourne, Australia.