List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Folder previes in Dolphin
From:       "Guillaume Pothier" <gpothier () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-11-16 17:21:15

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 10:20 AM, Rafael Fernández López
<ereslibre@kde.org> wrote:
> So, just my 2 cents. The complexity of this would be amazing till iconsets
> provide some information about what "rect" can be filled by the preview code.
> However, this would also be wrong, because of the angle that we should give to
> the pictures. On your mockup this is wrong for instance.

What do you mean by angle? Do you mean the previews should be
perspective-corrected to match the inclination of the front part of
the folder? Seems like an overkill to me... or are you talking about
something else?
I agree however about your concern about the position of the previews.
But maybe Jesse would like to have a try at putting hints about where
previews can be placed in the icons. I think there is some hinting
going on in the svgs in plasma, maybe in other places, so looking at
it might be a good starting point.
Cheers,