List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KTorrent 3.2Dev Syndication plugin
From:       Romain <romainguinot () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-11-11 22:02:41

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi Joris,
Thanks for answering.

I figured out where my problem was.
When you create a filter it only becomes "available". To make it "active"
you have to explicitly assign it to a feed by right clicking said feed and
click "add/remove" filters. Once i made my filters active, it began
downloading as expected :)

Maybe the interface should be a little clearer to explain this
distinction,my 2 cents would be call the filter list "filter library" and
put the number of active filters in parentheses next to the filter name.

And/Or a label saying "You have defined filters but none is active. To
activate them , do X"

What do you think ?
Thank you for making this great software, 4.2 seems to rock.

Since i'm at it i think it would be great to have an indicator somewhere
that ports are forwarded properly and /or that is has no probem receiving
incoming connections.

What do you think ?

Best regards,
Romain.