List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Plasma taking 30% of CPU
From:       Emmanuel Briot <briot () adacore ! com>
Date:       2008-11-08 22:26:20

> Another thing to mention is, that I can't reproduce this on a machine using
> nvidia-drivers. I also have got another machine running without problems using
> binary amd/ati-drivers. (I'm not quite sure here ATM, because may be I didn't
> upgrade because of the problems on my laptop. I am sure to have an up-to-date
> "nvidia-machine".) My laptop has an ati card, I use the binary drivers and
> there this problem occurs.

The thread had continued a bit with Aaron Seigo, sorry we did not copy
this mailing list.
The problem can be reproduced both with nv and nvidia. I provided some
callgrind tracebacks to Aaron, after installing the rpm.debuginfo
packages, hopefully that will help him.

I just noticed that if I kill kmix, I no longer have the issue, so on
my machine at least the problem seems to be a repaint loop when kmix is
part of the systemtray.
Hopefully that gives another clue.

regards
Emmanuel