List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Hidden debug variables
Date:       2008-11-03 17:14:22

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 17:34, Thiago Macieira <thiago@kde.org> wrote:

> Logging what?

What Konqueror decides to do in any given situation when moving &
deleting files and why.

> KDE is very, very verbose when built in debug mode. But building with debug
> messages makes the programs slower, even if they don't produce output.

Aye. This is why running with full debug all the time is not feasible. I know
that there is a performance penalty for everyone _if_ such a thing would be
implemented. OTOH, randomly losing user's files is an extremely bad thing.
Else, I would never even have considered the above.

Richard

PS: I will spare myself & you to reiterate the details. The bug report explains
them better than I could.