List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Regarding downloading non-X-11-kde files fromhttp://websvn.kde.org
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2008-10-31 15:32:30

As dfaure attempted to tell you, kde-devel is a more appropriate list
than kde-www. I'm going to honor your reply-to, but please direct
follow-ups only to kde-devel. (I'm setting my own reply-to accordingly.)

Senthil Kumar Kuppan, TLS, Chennai wrote:
>    We need help in installing KDE in our embedded device. The following
> is the information about our device and tasks we have done so far:
> [snip]
>
> 3. Then we executed the cmake command from the KDELIBS source path using
> the following command:
>
>     /usr/src/player/kdelibs-4.1.2#cmake ../kdelibs-4.1.2

Doing an out-of-source build is strongly recommended. See
http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started for more. A simple solution
would be:

/usr/src/player/kdelibs-4.1.2# mkdir build
/usr/src/player/kdelibs-4.1.2# cd build
/usr/src/player/kdelibs-4.1.2/build# cmake ..

...then you can simply 'rm -rf build' if/when you need to start clean.
Note that 'make clean' may not remove all build files.

>    Now we got an error saying that
>
>    CMake error at cmake/modules/FindAutomoc4.cmake:53 (message)
>
>    Did not find Automoc4Config.cmake (part of kdesupport). Searched in
> (/usr/local. ...)
>
>    We could not find Automoc4Config.cmake file in our device either in
> the kdelibs-4.1.2 path or in the cmake directory.
>
>    Do we need to copy any other support directories along with
> KDELIBS-4.1.2 to make the installation successful? Please clarify.

You may need also kdesupport (not just for automoc). I think techbase
(link above) talks more about this, you really should review that if you
haven't done so yet. I don't know if "Embedded Linux 2.6.11" provides
packages for various softwares; on a normal distro, you might have
packages for automoc4, etc, but you can also build things from
kdesupport yourself.

--
Matthew
Will your shell have salvation? Only if it's Bourne Again.