On Tuesday 21 October 2008 19:49:24 David Boosalis wrote: > When I run KDE 4.2 ( SVN Trunk) on my Kubuntu distribution which is > running KDE 4.1.2. I am unable to get any dbus notifications from a KDE > application I have created. I have modified /etc/init.d/kde-kdm to launch > kdm from the KDE I have in my build directory which is "/home/david/kde". > Everything seems to run and work except for getting DBUS messages. The > DBus messages do work in my applications if I am running a 4.1.2 desktop. > > Any hints as to what is wrong and possible fixes or work arounds greatly > appreciated. > > Thanks > David Ubuntu guys seem to have changed DBUS related setup, I use the "kde-devel user" approach for developing KDE trunk, when I "su kde-devel" i'm not able to connect to the old session Bus of my user, thus I created a little wrapper script that does that when I fire up Xephyr/KDE4.2 [1]. Have u tested wether DBUS actually runs and is accessible via "qdbus" tool on the command line? Here's my wrapper script: #!/bin/bash /usr/dbus-daemon --fork --session /usr/bin/dbus-launch --exit-with-session $HOME/kde/bin/nested_kde4 & You should be able to customize this for your needs -- Sascha >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<